Today I’m happy to welcome D. E. Haggerty to Archer’s Aim for a blog tour stop. She’s written a mystery that I’m sure you’ll want to investigate.
The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Go on Tour
Jack Gets His Man
5 Things You Didn’t Know About D.E. Haggerty
- I’m kinda, sorta afraid to fly, which is super-duper embarrassing when your husband is a pilot. It’s a control thing really. I get that the big aluminum tube is going to stay in the air, but can I really trust that pilot? I’m the same way with driving. Only when my husband is driving, or flying for that matter, can I truly relax. Unless I’m the one driving, then it’s speed demon time.
- I’ve spent the night in jail. And not for some stupid misunderstanding either. Nope, not I. I was in a good old-fashioned brawl and everyone involved got thrown in the slammer. My husband and his brother were angry because they only were in holding tanks while I had a huge cell with toilet and blankets all for myself. I was really, really mad at the time because I didn’t start the brawl, but in the meantime it’s become a great story to shock people with.
- I’m an adrenaline junkie living in a scaredy-cat’s body. This leads to really, really weird situations. I’m like “Come on! Let’s go ride that gnarly carnival ride!” And then I get on it and I scream like a cat being declawed because I’m terrified out of my mind of heights. By the way, are carnival rides like a gazillion times scarier than when we were kids?
- I like dogs more than people. Dogs are loyal, sweet and always happy to see you when you get home. My dog seems to know when I’m feeling down and need a cuddle as well. Of course, he won’t let me cuddle him normally because he thinks he’s a tough, independent dog. He weighs like 20 pounds so I have no idea where he got that idea from.
- I have no talent for drawing. My hubby does all my book covers and when I explain a book cover idea to him, I have to use stick figures and shapes and even those are difficult to decipher. It’s embarrassing but somehow my husband normally figures out what I mean.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Jack Harris, protagonist of Jack Gets His Man
- I think skinny jeans for men is the best invention ever. I don’t care if they go out of style, I will be wearing them until I die or my butt is no longer fabulous, whichever comes first.
- Turning 40 scares the living daylights out of me. Is my eyesight going to go now? I can’t wear glasses. I would look hideous in glasses. Will I start to go bald now? My bald head is not hot.
- I’m worried that now that Izzy has her own family, she’s going to abandon me. It sounds silly but she’s basically all I’ve got. I’m holding on with all I’ve got though. I’m going to wrap Noel, Izzy’s husband, around my little finger if that’s what it takes.
- I would kill for the Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives. Seriously, shoot someone dead. Guns don’t smell or get you dirty, do they?
- I know I say I’m disgusted by walking in on Noel and Izzy getting it on on numerous occasions, but actually it’s pretty hot. I just wish it wasn’t Izzy. Otherwise I’d be watching me some live porn on a weekly basis.
I was born and raised in Wisconsin, but think I’m a European. After spending my senior year of high school in Germany, I developed a bad case of wanderlust that is yet to be cured. My flying Dutch husband and I have lived in Ohio, Virginia, the Netherlands, Germany and now Istanbul. We still haven’t decided if we want to settle down somewhere – let alone where. I’m leaning towards somewhere I can learn to surf even though the hubby thinks that’s a less than sound way to decide where to live. Although I’ve been a military policewoman, a commercial lawyer, and a B&B owner, I think with writing I may have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. That’s assuming I ever grow up, of course. Between tennis, running, traveling, singing off tune, drinking entirely too many adult beverages, and reading books like they are going out of style, I write articles for a local expat magazine and various websites, review other indie authors’ books, write a blog about whatever comes to mind and am working on my sixth book.
Jack’s life is awesome. His store is making money hand over fist and his best friend has found love. So what if he’s feeling a bit restless and put out about his upcoming birthday and his ex is being a pain in his fabulous behind? That’s nothing he can’t handle. But then his smoking hot new bookkeeper discovers things at the store aren’t actually as they seem. Someone is playing fast and loose with the finances. Jack’s bestie and his gal pals, the gray-haired knitting detectives, jump at the chance to solve Jack’s problems. When they aren’t re-enacting scenes from spy thrillers, they’re setting Jack up on dates and generally insinuating themselves into his love life. They’re determined to find love for Jack as well as his missing money. Will Jack catch a thief or find love? Either way Jack’s going to get his man.
Goodreads Event Page – https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/966357-the-gray-haired-knitting-detectives-go-on-tour
Rafflecopter Giveaway Page – http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/4af5be7f22/?
Author Event Chat Room – http://4wills-haggerty.chatovod.com/
Big round of applause for D. E. Haggerty and her new book. Please support this indie author. Kudos to 4WillsPublishing for organizing this tour for the book and author.
This tour sponsored by 4WillsPublishing.wordpress.com
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. Enter your email address today to receive Archer’s Aim Digest with announcements about upcoming releases and events (and there’s some big news this month). Or join the Street Team and help share about The Bow of Destiny and be listed in the book credits. Either way, you’ll be the first to have news about my books, especially some free offers this summer related to the upcoming release of The Bow of Destiny, the first novel of The Bow of Hart Saga. You’ll also receive a free coupon to download my e-book short story, The Black Bag, as well as July’s free e-book: Recommended Reading for Authors!
I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.