There’s a feature on WordPress.com available to bloggers called the re-blog. Essentially, you can share another blogger’s post with your followers. There are benefits to using this function which help both parties.
What’s a re-blog? When you view a blog, there is often an option to re-blog which means you share part of the post on your own blog. To read the entire post, anyone viewing from your site is directed to the original blogger’s site.
Is it taking credit for someone else’s work? Not in the least. When the blog is posted it shows that it is from the original blogger’s site and only part of the post is displayed. Likewise, when re-blogging you have the option to post a comment. I normally post a comment about why I’m re-blogging and a notice that I am. I always tweet in such a way that there is no confusion that the post is mine – just shared from my site.
- The original blogger receives expanded exposure.
- The re-blogger receives additional exposure.
- Both bloggers may gain additional followers much like cross-pollinating.
- If using the Publicize option, then the blog is shared on social media in a way that further expands the reach and engagement of both the blogger and re-blogger.
- The re-blogger is recognized for sharing valuable blog space to promote someone else’s work.
- Overall, it’s a great way for the re-blogger to share posts similar to the site topics as a way of sharing more information.
Have you re-blogged recently? Are you willing to share your site by re-blogging? I’d love to hear from you so won’t you leave a question, idea or strategy in the comment section? I’d also love to connect with you over social media so check my contact page for that information. See the News page for announcements and remember to sign-up to receive news and posts by email. I’ve added a new sign-up tab on my FaceBook page to simplify the process. New followers can download The Black Bag via free coupon today!
Thanks for reading!
Clip Art Image Copyright by Microsoft. Clip Art Used by Permission of Microsoft