Last week, I wrote about what Wattpad can do for you now and I’m following up today with more information. As mentioned last week, I uploaded a prequel short story to The Bow of Destiny entitled, What Is Needed to my Wattpad. Today, I’ll share some a bit of what I’m doing with it and other content as well as some pointers and ideas from other blog sites and news articles.
What Is Needed has done well in the last week with a number of reads, several votes and some nice comments. One thing I did during the past week is add it to a fantasy genre club that allows weekly posts of content. When using one of these clubs, keep in mind that there may be rules on posting (how much) as well as how to do so. My experience was very good.
This week I’ve added another story to my Wattpad, Trading Knives. This is another short story prequel to my upcoming book that I’m giving some play on Wattpad before it goes to online retailers for free in a few weeks. Give it a look but remember it’s still being edited so there will be changes, however, comments are helpful. As just a hint, this story is about one of the main antagonists in The Bow of Destiny so enjoy a little darker story.
1. Joanna Penn hosted a guest post by Ashleigh Gardner, head of content with Wattpad. The post details aspects of marketing with Wattpad.
2. Indies Unlimited has also posted a blog entitled, Wattpad for Writers, which is very helpful as well.
3. Suw Charman-Anderson wrote an article for Forbes that discusses serializing your writing on Wattpad to attract an audience.
4. Molly Greene shared on her blog about how to get started on Wattpad – it’s a nice guide to make a quick, effective start.
5. Publisher’s Weekly also weighed-in on how Indie authors can build an audience using Wattpad.
These are all wonderful pieces that can help you puzzle out what you can do on Wattpad with your writing. Remember, Wattpad now has over 40 million readers – yes readers. It’s not just for writers and it’s proving to be just as important a social media outlet as Goodreads, the former being for more direct interaction with your content in progress and the latter more for book reviews.
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. Sign up for my Archer’s Aim Digest mailing list to receive the forthcoming edition of my newsletter with announcements about upcoming releases and events. You’ll receive my a SPECIAL coupon for The Bow of Destiny, the first novel of The Bow of Hart Saga. Speaking of which, it is now available on Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks Amazon – Kindle & Smashwords. Additionally, September’s FREE book, What Is Needed is available at Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks and Smashwords & Amazon.
I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.