Yesterday I read a post by Angela Ackerman entitled, 3 Ways to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Book. In it she discussed strategies to better use Pinterest that got me thinking. I thought I’d share some of my response today.
I already use Pinterest some with a few pins of my work. I’ve planned to add more and especially encourage fan art to share there later. But I really didn’t think that I had enough material to really share enough pins at the moment. However, what I’ve read from Angela opened my eyes.
Angela’s post suggests adding visual content with quotes from your work. I envisioned this material being taken from clipped parts of a cover or related pictures from the my self-made trailer from last year. It should be rather easy to add quotes to pin. So here’s my plan of action:
1. Using Angela Ackerman’s post as a template, immediately create visual content with quotes from my book, The Black Bag. By pinning these, I have more content on Pinterest.
2. Next, I’ll link these back to other social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads and Google+. From there I’ll monitor to see what the impact is.
3. As I monitor the impact of the initial effort, I’ll also prepare similar pins to share on Pinterest for What Is Needed which is a short prequel to The Bow of Destiny which I announced I’ll release during the early summer. Again, I’ll monitor the response but hopefully it will draw attention to my next release, The Bow of Destiny, in the fall.
4. During the summer, I’ll increase my Pinterest activity with The Black Bag and What Is Needed but also prepare pins for The Bow of Destiny to make available increasingly as the launch date approaches and afterward.
5. I know several of my potential beta readers are on Pinterest so I can also ask them to re-pin my content on their boards as well as getting placed on that of the Rave Rreviews Book Club Pinterest board where I’m a VIP member. I think visual pre-advertising is important to the launch itself and this is one way of increasing my visual reach.
By the way, I’ve touted several of Angela’s books previously so definitely click the link to her author page on Amazon to see all she has to offer. She’s written some very helpful books for writers.
What are your thoughts about using Pinterest to increase the visibility of your content? How much do you use Pinterest already? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. I’d also love to connect with you over social media so check my Contact page for that information. See the News page for announcements and remember to sign-up to receive news and posts by email. I’ve added a new sign-up tab on my FaceBook page to simplify the process. New followers can download The Black Bag via free coupon today! Also, the cover of my book, The Bow of Destiny, was revealed recently so take a look.