In a recent guest post by Jill Bennett on Nicholas Rossis’ site about promoting your book, the writer shared that a writer should never shy away from sharing their book anywhere, any time. I’ve been interviewed on Beyond the Cover (hosted by Rave Waves/Rave Reviews Book Club) via Blog Talk Radio to promote The Bow of Destiny. I also have a number of events occurring before the release date.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
With each event, I’ll work to get the word out as much as possible – taking the advice from the aforementioned blog post.
Here are a 8 ways to share your events with the world:
2. Create an event on Google+ and share with as many circles as possible.
3. Create an event on Goodreads and send it to all your friends there.
4. Create a Thunderclap and post it on all your social media channels.
5. Create some sort of calendar of events on your website so followers can keep up with them all.
6. Make note of an upcoming event to your mailing list – these are some of your best followers – just be careful not to spam them by sending too many messages and be appreciative in your messages.
7. Post the event on your Amazon author page. Now authors can be followed by readers so invite as many people as possible to follow you there. When something changes – like a book launch – your followers will be notified. If you have events posts your followers can see how to attend your events.
8. If you have a book trailer, add a list of your book release events and post it on YouTube – or make sure your events are posted on the page with the trailer.
BONUS: Of course you are going to tweet like crazy but also consider creating a Pinterest board for your release and add all the events as the are scheduled.
What you need to include in your events or use to boost your message:
- Any pertinent photos or artwork available
- The event details – time, date, etc – make sure to include links.
- A solid description of the event.
- Mention any giveaways associated with each event.
- Use social media cards to liven up your event announcements (didn’t do that for the interview but I will for upcoming events).
Don’t worry if you feel like you’ll be a bother posting so many places and sharing so much. Social media is very busy and people often miss all kinds of posts. Be willing to keep at it so as many people as possible take notice of your event so they can plan to attend. Also encourage everyone to share the event after they’ve marked the date in their calendar.
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. Sign up for my Archer’s Aim Digest mailing list to receive the forthcoming edition of my newsletter with announcements about upcoming releases and events (this months volume has already gone out). Want to be listed in The Bow of Destiny credits? Join the Street Team to share upcoming links. Either way, you’ll be the first to have news about my books, especially some free offers this summer related to the upcoming release of The Bow of Destiny, the first novel of The Bow of Hart Saga. Anyone who reserves a copy by 8/7 on Barnes & Noble, Kobo or iBooks (via the iTunes app) and emails me the screen-shot of the order will also receive a free coupon to download my e-book short story, The Black Bag containing a sample chapter of The Bow of Destiny. Additionally, August’s free e-book: Trading Knives is now available on Wattpad until the final version goes to retailers (remaining free).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.