Release day is just a week away and I’m really getting excited. A number of people have kindly offered to help spread the word over their own blogs. I’m deeply grateful for the kindness of my fellow authors and hope all the best for them. If you would like to read a sample of The Bow of Destiny, please visit the Goodreads page where you can also add it to your shelf to receive the release notice. Additionally, heres the book trailer:
I’ve got a number of upcoming posts here and elsewhere that shine a light on The Bow of Destiny. I’ll share about various characters and places in the book over the next few weeks. There are some locales that I’ve realized I drew upon without really thinking about them when I originally wrote the book. These are mainly places I visited when I was a child. It’s interesting where my ideas actually came from when a few might seem rather similar to other fantasy settings. But then I’ve noted over the years that more than a few fantasy authors set their own worlds in places similar to those they had visited or which they called home. I look forward to sharing some of these during the coming weeks and then some of them when the next book, An Arrow Against the Wind, comes out around next April.
Here are a few highlights around the release:
- My Head Talker is still ongoing and even though the goal has been exceeded anyone can still support it with a few clicks to share in the social media blast on 9/28 to get the word out.
- Today, Daniel Adorno is kindly hosting me on his site in a blog interview about the book release.
- Last Wednesday, I recorded a podcast with Shawn Griffith and that’s available on YouTube with a summary blog on his site.
- On Friday, I’ll make another blog appearance on Timothy Bateson’s site with a bit of information about the release.
- Tony Riches is spotlighting the book on his site 9/24.
- Check my News page for more schedule information.
Now onto some fun stuff. As I’ve hinted at once or twice before now, I’m giving away some prizes on release day as part of the block party. To be eligible to win you need to live in the U. S. & make a comment on the main release page on 9/28. Rave Reviews Book Club will gather all the eligible names and choose winners. The prizes will be posted that day but I’ll share them now just to whet your appetite.
- 3 additional winners will each receive one $25 Amazon Gift Card (either physical or e-card – your choice)
So that’s all for today. Please check the schedule and visit today’s stop with Daniel Adorno and all the other gracious blog hosts on the scheduled days!
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. Sign up for my Archer’s Aim Digest mailing list to receive the forthcoming edition of my newsletter with announcements about upcoming releases and events. You’ll receive my a FREE coupon for my short story e-book, The Black Bag which contains a sample chapter of The Bow of Destiny. You’ll also be the first to have news about my books, especially some free offers this summer related to the upcoming release of The Bow of Destiny, the first novel of The Bow of Hart Saga. Speaking of which, it is now available for pre-release orders on Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks & Amazon – Kindle. Additionally, August’s free e-book: Trading Knives is now available on Kobo, iBooks, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble & Amazon.