Scrivener is a powerful writing tool. I write about it weekly with tips and usage ideas. To read more of my posts click the Scrivener tag or category at the end of the page.
This is a short post this week. I’ve been working on catching up with NaNoWriMo word targets after having fallen behind over the last week due to extenuating circumstances. I’ve made a few procedural changes and I include them with a few other thoughts on my Scrivener usage:
1. I’ve turned off the Project Targets and the backgrounds to reduce distractions. I was watching the progress too much while trying to catch up and that just doesn’t work. It’s good to see when things are going well and I check it when I’m done to record my total. The backgrounds are good to have but I just need to focus on progress at the moment.
2. The Auto Complete list is very helpful, especially trying to catch up. I’m just hitting the enter key often and moving on with the work.
3. I’ve been making some notes. When I leave the computer and intend to come back I open Manage Project Notes and type in what’s next so I can pick up where I left off faster. Otherwise, I add the not in the project notes.
4. As I work to catch up on my monthly total, I’m interested to see how much of Scrivener’s tools further benefit my efforts and which ones are the most useful.
5. I like it that, with Scrivener, I’m able to get started easily. I’m not lost and I don’t have to click around to see where I left off. I’m able to get off the starting blocks quickly which is very important right now for making up ground over the next several days.
That’s all I have this week. I’ll share how Scrivener has helped me next week as I expect to make gains during that time and make a good effort over the second half of the month.
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. Sign up for my Archer’s Aim Digest mailing list to receive the forthcoming edition of my newsletter with announcements about upcoming releases and events. You’ll be the first to have news about my books, especially some free offers this summer related to the upcoming release of The Bow of Destiny, the first novel of The Bow of Hart Saga. Speaking of which, it is now available on Amazon – Kindle. Additionally, I have FREE book, What Is Needed is available at Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks and Smashwords & Amazon.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Just as a note: I now have a marketing affiliation with Scrivener. For support questions, pricing, licensing and other concerns please contact the vendor. As such a buy ad for Scrivener appears on the sidebar. I’ve started this program since I like the product so much and want to offer readers the chance to obtain this software. I’m not required to write about Scrivener to be an affiliate; I just like it that much. You can also find my FTC statement on this site’s sidebar.