Scrivener is a powerful writing tool. I write about it weekly with tips and usage ideas. To read more of my posts click the Scrivener tag or category at the end of the page.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
As I wrote last week, I’m preparing for NaNoWriMo and suggested some features of Scrivener to think about using during next month’s writing scramble. I’ve also offered some tips to leverage Scrivener as you organize your outlining efforts. Last week I suggested 4 overlooked features that may save you writing time, improve your efficiency and help buoy your creativity. But what are my goals and how do I intend to approach my daily writing? Here are the basic points of my overall plan and daily work-flow:
- I’ve set my goal to 50,000 words in NaNoWriMo and in my Project Target. I hope to exceed this goal but I’ll make it conservative during my first writing rodeo.
- With my outline finished, I’ll use my writing layout daily, referring to my notes as necessary. However, I plan to go over my notes before starting each day and have an idea of that I’m doing. I’ll keep in mind that my outline and ideas a somewhat fluid.
- While writing, I’ll go into full-screen mode with a background. This way I can just write as I turn on some music to keep me going.
- When I’m not in full-screen, my Project Target will be on so I can see how I’m progressing – I like to watch this as a little encouragement as the line grows and changes color from red to green.
- At the end of each completed writing session, I want to record any ideas that I’ll need for the next day so I’ll know where and how to start my writing.
- I hope to record my daily progress in my NaNoWriMo but I’ll also keep a spreadsheet too.
Want to see how I’m doing? You are welcome to connect with me on NaNoWriMo but I’ve already displayed a widget of my progress on the sidebar. I don’t know how much I’ll be able to interact since my focus will be on the daily goal but I’ll do what I can. Even better, check out my abbreviated posts to see what’s really going on with me during the month.
Do you have a plan? How will meet your goals? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section.
P. H. Solomon lives in the greater Birmingham, AL area where he strongly dislikes yard work and sanding the deck rail. However, he performs these duties to maintain a nice home for his loved ones as well as the family’s German Shepherds. In his spare time, P. H. rides herd as a Computer Whisperer on large computers called servers (harmonica not required). Additionally, he enjoys reading, running, most sports and fantasy football. Having a degree in Anthropology, he also has a wide array of more “serious” interests in addition to working regularly to hone his writing. The Bow of Destiny is his first novel-length title with more soon to come.
Sign-up to receive my free ebooks today.
Just as a note: I now have a marketing affiliation with Scrivener. For support questions, pricing, licensing and other concerns please contact the vendor. As such a buy ad for Scrivener appears on the sidebar. I’ve started this program since I like the product so much and want to offer readers the chance to obtain this software. I’m not required to write about Scrivener to be an affiliate; I just like it that much. You can also find my FTC statement on this site’s sidebar.