Here are the latest Epic Fantasy writing updates from P. H. Solomon and news about upcoming developments with The Cursed Mage Case Files series.
Hey everyone! PH back this week with updates to my epic fantasy writing projects with some announcements. First, let me address a personal issues without getting to deeply into it. I’ve had “brain fog” for over two years among other physical ailments which has delayed completion of a number of books. I’m currently addressing this with appointments and ways to better manage myself. I’m used to being far more mentally nimble and have not be completely aware how much this has been affecting me. I’ve gotten some sage advice from a fellow author who has dealt with something similar and the hope is I can at least manage the amount of work around the problem.
Epic Fantasy Writing News:
The JordanCon submission was rejected so that story will be used in an anthology to be announced.
December has arrived; here’s what’s happening:
- The Bow of Hart Saga special edition boxset is not available if you missed the announcement. Here’s the cover linked to the sales page:
- Beyond the Doors, Book 2 of Doors of Fantasy is delayed until at least January. There’s not much to do, but I want to focus my efforts on The Cursed Mage Case Files this month.
- The Bow of Hart Saga prequels have been re-released as a bundle. Here’s the cover which is linked to the sales page:
- I’m working on several parts of The Cursed Mage Case Files. This series is very good, but it’s suffered delays because of my health struggles. However, The Changeling Incident will receive a slight update ASAP and go on a Kindle free day on 12/8/2022 (announcement post will be that day).
- The Unseen Hand is delayed, but I am making significant progress and hope to complete it yet this month. One of the reasons is that I have a book 1.5 that needs to come first. Development of the full novel spurred this extra book. It’s not long, but it takes some extra time and it is well worth it for the entire series. I’ll announce more definite plans as soon as I’ve made the appropriate progress, but the working title for book 1.5 is Assassin’s Dark Rose. It will add a dimension to the series that will be beneficial to readers enjoyment. I can share that there will be a story as well as a fictional after-action report from Manny with all kinds of connections to clues which he’s able to make. Additionally, I’ll include a growing glossary of characters and places in the early cases. There are a lot of fun developments coming, so I’m asking for readers forbearance as I get the series back on track. More to come
Archer’s Aim Store – New Addition
All the dates are fluid, but I want to stick to them as best I can. Releases will be announced here and on my email newsletter as well as social media accounts. Additionally look for new designs for merchandise items in the Archer’s Aim Press Store (there is already a 20% discount – use DEC20 at checkout). Items from the store will make excellent gifts. Here’s the latest addition to the store listing: Stickers! Click the image to visit the store.
That’s it for updates. Once these projects are in flight or released, I should know more about my upcoming plans regarding 2023 and other new books.
Best Wishes until next time,