Scrivener is a powerful writing tool. I write about it weekly with tips and usage ideas. To read more of my posts click the Scrivener tag or category at the end of the page.
Here’s a quick-tip for Scrivener a Monday morning. Need to change types of text in your document? Are the type of quotes you’ve used inconsistent or incorrect? Well, there’s a rather quick fix to these kinds of issues.
Just click on Format, slide down to Convert and you’ll see a number of choices displayed on the resulting fly-out menu:
Highlight all of your document or the affected text to make the following changes:
- Go from smart quotes to straight quotes after highlighting your document.
- Do the opposite if you need smart quotes instead of straight ones.
- Need to change case? Just use one of the first three commands.
- Here’s a good one – do you have multiple spaces in your document but don’t want to change them one by one? Just use the Multiple Space to Space command.
- Need to send some annotations, etc to meta-data or vice versa? Use the last four commands as appropriate.
As always before making mass changes to a document, use the Snapshot for an easy backup. That’s all for today. Look for another quick tip next Monday!
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section.
To find out more about The Bow of Destiny, click over to one of these online retailers:
P. H. Solomon lives in the greater Birmingham, AL area where he strongly dislikes yard work and sanding the deck rail. However, he performs these duties to maintain a nice home for his loved ones as well as the family’s German Shepherds. In his spare time, P. H. rides herd as a Computer Whisperer on large computers called servers (harmonica not required). Additionally, he enjoys reading, running, most sports and fantasy football. Having a degree in Anthropology, he also has a wide array of more “serious” interests in addition to working regularly to hone his writing. The Bow of Destiny is his first novel-length title with more soon to come.
Sign-up to receive my free ebooks today.
Just as a note: I am not affiliated with Scrivener in any official capacity. For support questions, pricing and other concerns please contact the vendor.