First, let’s get Halloween out of the way: BOO!!!
Next, here are a few tidbits about the site:
- I’ve updated the main-page to include a gallery of artwork and cover-art from The Bow of Hart Saga – comments are welcome. I’m still making some changes so bear with me.
- I’ve resurrected the “Fantasy Authors Unplugged” feature just in time for Halloween. This feature has been dormant (dead?) for some time so it’s good to bring it back to life. There were 2 posts for the feature over the weekend for a couple of authors through Books Go Social: J. L. Stowers and Alena Des – click to those posts and have a look if you missed them.
- As mentioned last Friday, I’ve created a private group on Goodreads as a writing roundtable/lab where I can interact with some readers who are interested in reading some early drafts of information.
- Even though Halloween ends this evening, I’ve got some real treats about The Bow of Hart Saga coming in future weeks that should be fun reading so look for those on Thursdays.
- I’ll keep sharing more about other new projects on Fun Friday posts.
Now that I’ve got those bits of housecleaning out of the way, onto whatever is on my mind. These days, my spare time is either taken up with writing new projects or studying about marketing and new technologies for my erstwhile career. I do my best to stay as busy as possible regardless.
I’ve made lots of progress on the two super-secret novels that my agent is/will pitch soon. I don’t have news on those at the moment other than general progress. I have a few outstanding submissions through the agent otherwise and I feel more like I’m waiting on outcomes than anything these days. I’m also working on some short fiction stories for submission – if anything comes of those you can be sure it will be announced.
As mentioned, I’m starting on a new gritty, pulp fantasy series soon as well as working on development of a possible parallel novella series for The Bow of Hart Saga involving mainly other characters in another part of Denaria. I have much of it written in rough draft. I’ve like to finish all three of the novellas first and then more toward publishing those. However the first book of The Broken Shield Chronicles will get published when it’s ready rather than waiting.
Print for The Bow of Hart Saga is still on the back-burner until I save enough money to completely produce the series. I’ll have another announcement about the series in just a few weeks though so check back on that.
As mentioned a few weeks back, our young tom-cat, Minou, had his surgery (there’s a bit of horror for the day, I suppose) and he’s back on his feet romping through the house. He’s now going out with the dogs – and, as predicted, coming in with them. Speaking of the dogs, they are fine if a little bored. We’ve all been busy and I’ve had an injured foot that I seem to keep aggravating every week or so – but not from running! But it’s slowly getting better.
That’s all I have for today, as if it isn’t enough. Please leave your thoughts and questions in the comments section and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.