How to assess manuscripts? Here’s Staci Troilo’s take on it. I’m paying attention. .
Ciao, amici! When my turn rolls around to post at Story Empire, I almost always tell you how I do something or how the industry does it: dialogue, media kits, story bibles, basic plots… I usually revert back to professor-mode and “instruct” you on the terminology and my and/or the writing community’s methodologies.
Today, I’m going to do something a little different. I hope you’ll bear with me.
At my day job, we’ve adopted the following terms into our corporate culture:
- Yeah, yeah, yeah.
- “Whoops.” followed by “Whoopsie.”
- Yes, sir, I am.
- “What happens if…” followed by “I don’t know.”
- I’m going to need you to get all the way off my back about that.
- (Fill in the blank) is/are tight.
- “Why?” followed by “Because.” followed by “Okay, then.”
- Wow, wow, wow.
and probably everyone’s favorite
- “How…?” followed by “Super easy. Barely an inconvenience.”
View original post 654 more words