Good morning Archer’s Aim followers, PH here this week with a few more updates for my writing projects this year. Last week I reported on a few points of progress with the book and there are a a few more updates this week.
I started work on that new beginning for RM and it’s coming along steadily as I make sure to express all the important details necessary for this opening scene. It’s a bit of a shift with some increased action involving more characters upfront, but it should set the stage for the book – and the series – pretty well once I have it completed. Having some changes to the opening stages based on some of my world-building in recent months will also provide more of a guide for what needs to be added in other parts of the book.
I’m also turning my sites on a few small projects with The Bow of Hart Saga. First of all, I’m not entirely satisfied with the cover I used for the series bundle, so I’m working on an updated version that should be a bit more friendly to the eye.
Secondly, I do have a goal of releasing An Arrow Against the Wind and The White Arrow into print this year. I’m beginning work on those releases and looking forward to the entire series finally being in print. On this list is an overall goal that meets several goals together. I’m thinking seriously about attending a local science fiction and fantasy convention during the summer. My hope is to have all those print editions ready to make an appearance as well as some freebies to hand out to the crowd. If my schedule will allow the release of Reformed Mage by around the convention or just before that time it would be good, otherwise it should be out in the fall. That part of the goal is still up in the air, but I am thinking seriously about the release of a new book and the timing.
Of course, I still have quite a lot do with this book including settling on a cover concept with my artist. Cover art will be a concern in March or April to make sure that I have that soon enough. In terms of cover art, first comes the needs for the print books, then will come the new cover. Of course, depending on the progress of the first three books of the Reformed Mage series, I may be getting three covers ordered very close together.
I received news week that my audio publisher has re-branded from Podium to Podium Audio. Not a big name change but authors and narrators have a chance to be directly featured on the new website so I’ve submitted information to be included. The publisher has been excellent to me all the way and I’m looking forward to possibly working with them again with another series if possible.
One last item of note; the deadline for the Nebula Award nominations is upon us. As a member of SFWA, I have the privilege of nominating up to five works per category. I don’t have nominations for every category but I did include three for the main award for novels. I’m not telling which books my choices included but I’m pleased to have gotten them sent from among the many titles (including an indie book) I enjoyed this year which I thought were deserving.
It’s a busy time of year, but work is progressing nicely and I look forward to sharing more about the projects and releases as the year goes along. I’ll be back next week with more information and I hope to have a a few minor pieces ready to begin sharing about Reformed Mage in the next several weeks. Thanks for reading today and checking in on my progress. Please share this on your social media or re-blog it. Your questions and thoughts are always welcome so please leave those in the comments section. If you are interested you can also join one of my private groups on Facebook for Goodreads where I’ve posted plenty of information about my current books and will get more in depth with my works in progress – just ask to be added in the comments and I’ll get back to you.