Blog growth is not easy for new bloggers. Many experience few expected results and quit posting at all. Here are a some tips I’ve learned to grow your blog’s reach:
- Stick to it and post frequently – the more posts you have the more there is to see and appear on internet searches. Blogging requires consistency and commitment. It’s a common axiom among bloggers but it’s true.
- If you have a way to share blogs from other bloggers do so – WordPress has the re-blog option.
- WordPress has another feature – Publicize. Use this to broadcast your post to social media. If you are on another source or can get a plug-in like this make use of it.
- When publicizing to social media do so effectively. For instance, with Twitter use appropriate hashtags in the message. When I forget to add hashtags my site visits decrease but when used well I have more visitors.
- Re-post when you aren’t blogging. When you have enough posts schedule some old ones to be re-posted during the times when you don’t post. This will increase visitors to your site. See my two recent results posts here and here regarding this strategy.
- Write posts and schedule posts in advance. This way you can stay ahead of your schedule and relax while your site does the work. Being organized leads to growth and this is one way to accomplish that goal.
- Use pictures, clip art, podcasts and other visual media. For more information on accessing free photos and art clip see this post.
- Invite someone to write a blog for your site based on your topic. I’m trying this one soon myself.
- Similarly, host a blog book tour if you have a site based on writing. This is a great way to attract visitor and possibly gain followers.
Bonus: Have patience – it takes time to grow a blog.
Have you been tempted to give up blogging? What ideas do you have to attract readers to your site? I’d love to hear from you so won’t you leave a question, idea or strategy in the comment section? I’d also love to connect with you over social media so check my contact page for that information. See the News page for announcements and remember to sign-up to receive news and posts by email. I’ve added a new sign-up tab on my FaceBook page to simplify the process. New followers can download The Black Bag via free coupon today!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Clip Art Image Copyright by Microsoft. Clip Art Used by Permission of Microsoft