Having trouble with your blogging? Are you struggling with getting posts written? Have you found that your struggling with keeping up with your blog schedule? Here are some tips to try getting the most out of your site and gaining consistency.
1. Get organized. I know that’s anathema to some writers but being organized helps eradicate confusion so you can focus.
2. Write your ideas down in some format so you can at least come back to them. I have so many ideas that I’m backlogged. But that’s what I need – something to turn to when I just don’t know what else to write about. I’ve just got ideas waiting to be written and I plug into them regularly and knock them out.
3. Express one idea in a short post. Try not to make your posts too long. If what you’re writing is long then consider breaking it into pieces. Give yourself space to express the ideas well. Also, writing complex ideas in several posts gives you the opportunity to write several articles ahead which helps keep your schedule on a sane pace.
4. Write daily for your blog and journal. You’ll find that ideas pop out of the most unlikely places when you write often. You’ve got plenty of seeds for ideas to grow, just take time to scatter them. I get ideas for posts even when I’m writing fiction. I just stop and make sure I put them into a new document in my blog project.
5. Write often enough to be as many posts ahead of your schedule as possible. Once you get ahead, stay ahead. By being ahead you’re never worried about meeting a deadline for the next day – or today – since the stress can vapor-lock your creativity. If you write posts as often as you can you’ll develop a backlog. I’m scheduling my posts as far ahead as I can but if something happens to change my scheduled posts I can re-arrange easily enough.
So don’t wait, go write something! Be productive! And don’t worry, if you have something to say and do it well then people will read it.
How do you keep your blogging schedule? Do you have trouble with balancing your blog with other writing? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. I’d also love to connect with you over social media so check my Contact page for that information. See the News page for announcements and remember to sign-up to receive news and posts by email. I’ve added a new sign-up tab on my FaceBook page to simplify the process. New followers can download The Black Bag via free coupon today! Also, the cover of my book, The Bow of Destiny, was revealed recently so take a look.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Clip art licensed via Microsoft Office
The problem I have is that the ideas were flowing in the beginning, and now I have to construct my blogs. So the question is, do I post when I’m inspired or makes sure I have something written every week.
I try to do both. I write and post ahead but if I have something that inspires me enough I can re-schedule something else.