Here’s my schedule for the weekend:
2. Tomorrow at 1PM, I’m appearing on the Readers’ Fantasyland
Takeover. Feel free to drop by and leave comments.
2. I’ll be giving away copies of books via Amazon all three days of the convention. The first one has just started so click over and enter for a chance to win one of three free copies of The Bow of Destiny today
. Check in at my booth for announced winners each day and see what the daily giveaway is.
3. Today I’m revealing the cover of An Arrow Against the Wind – see below for the cover and details.
4. Tomorrow, I’ll reveal the cover of my upcoming fantasy anthology, Doors at my cyber booth
so be sure to visit there again tomorrow.
6. And as a follow-up there’ll be a special character interview on C. S. Boyack’s . This will be a lot of fun so plan to see that interview on 4/14.
Now onto the cover reveal. An Arrow Against the Wind is the second book of The Bow of Hart Saga. It’s the continuing struggle of Athson and his companions against Magdronu the dragon, Corgren the wizard and their servants.
Recently, I contacted Christopher again with ideas about the cover for An Arrow Against the Wind. Since this cover would be different in setting to the first one there would be more work. I had to provide details for a few more characters as well as the setting. Since the latter was in mountains and included traveling on dwarven roads, I needed some examples. I turned to photos of Incan roads that still exist today to give Christopher some perspective. From there he did the rest. These amazing photos reveal who Incans used a very long systems of roads for travel and transmitting information via runners (kind of like the Pony Express but no horses). It was said that the Incan emperor could receive message from long distance along the Andes in a matter of days! These roads were so well constructed that they still exist today.
The first version captured the setting well but there were a few changes necessary to the characters. But, as you can see in the versions below, the cover progressed to the finished product.
An Arrow Against the Wind Cover Version 1
An Arrow Against the Wind Cover Version 2
An Arrow Against the Wind Cover Version 3
An Arrow Against the Wind Final Version
I’m excited to share the cover today. The book will release later this year – likely around September – so if you haven’t read The Bow of Destiny yet, you have time to grab a copy and be ready for the next edition in the series.
Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. Sign up for my Archer’s Aim Digest mailing list to receive notification of these posts and those for other upcoming fiction projects to appear on Archer’s Aim as well as news about the upcoming release of An Arrow Against the Wind, the second novel of The Bow of Hart Saga due out later this year.
Book 1 of The Bow of Hart Saga: The Bow of Destiny can be found at these online retailers: Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks, Amazon – Kindle & Smashwords. See the book trailer.