There are always so many things for which I can be thankful. I have a great family, a good home, reasonably good health and my job. The year has had its ups and downs but I’m still here. However, I wanted to focus on everything for which I’m thankful as a writer.
1. I’m thankful for how far I’ve made it as a writer this year. It has been challenging but I’ve been afforded many opportunities to grow as a writer this year and I’m thankful for each one.
2. I’m thankful for the many connections I’ve been privileged to make with so many other writers. I’ve had a wonderful time sharing the experience with all the regular visitors and followers of this site. Thanks to everyone for reading so often and sharing your support and comments. It has been a pleasant surprise since I was rather hesitant about even blogging.
3. I’m thankful for how much progress I’ve made this year. I want to get into the specifics maybe at a later time but I didn’t start the year with a writing platform. In fact, I didn’t even have a site, email or social media accounts for writing until May. Again, thanks to all the social media contacts, readers and authors for the support. It’s been amazing to share the ride with everyone. The growth has been incredible considering my hesitation to begin all this due to my wife being out of work over the summer. I don’t know how it’s all grown so much except for the support.
4. I’m also thankful for how much I’ve learned about writing and blogging from so many terrific contacts over social media, webinars, membership in Rave Reviews Book Club and at the convention I was privileged to attend locally. I learned so much this year about writing that I’ve been able to put to good use.
5. I’m thankful for how much I was able raise for my novel during the IndieGoGo campaign this year. I didn’t reach my goal but I did raise enough to commission cover art.
It’s been a great ride the latter half of this year. I’m looking forward to holidays, finishing this year and bursting into 2015 with lots of inspiration to continue what I’ve begun. Until then, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I wish everyone a good time with family and friends over a good meal and conversation.
For what are you thankful as a writer this year? What accomplishments and goals have you met? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. I’d also love to connect with you over social media so check my contact page for that information. See the News page for announcements and remember to sign-up to receive news and posts by email. I’ve added a new sign-up tab on my FaceBook page to simplify the process. New followers can download The Black Bag via free coupon today! Also, the cover of my book, The Bow of Destiny, was revealed recently so take a look.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Clip art licensed from Microsoft Office.
Congrats! I wish you even more successes to celebrate next year 🙂
Thanks, I’m trying to write a few things about my experiences for other newer writers too. You guys with RRBC have been great to me. 🙂
Whew. Quite a year. Next year will start off with a bang, I’m sure.
It sure will but that’s a good thing. Thanks for stopping by – sorry this didn’t get posted sooner but I forgot to get it out of draft the other night. I hope you had an enjoyable holiday!
Thank you and you are welcome.
I’m Canadian. We celebrated Thanksgiving the second Monday in October. We’re an anxious bunch. Want to make sure we get that turkey dinner before the rush.