If you’re familiar with this website then you know I blog five days a week and re-post during the weekends. It can be a hectic schedule and for many authors there is the legitimate question of why even do so since it can take away from valuable time writing books. Now I don’t advocate that everyone should blog as much as I currently do since everyone is different. Likewise, I may find that I need to adjust my schedule in the future for various reasons. However, I thought I’d share why I post blogs so frequently at this time. Here are 5 reasons why I blog on my current schedule:
1. I enjoy blogging. I didn’t think that I would like hosting a blog but I’ve found that I like it very much. Therefore, I want to blog as often as I’m able.
2. I write a blog post because it’s a great creative outlet. I’ve found that I often generate fiction and blog ideas through writing my posts as well as other writing outlets. It keeps my creativity active.
3. It keeps me motivated. Rather than feeling like a drudgery or a waste/drain of writing time, I’ve found that writing posts actually keeps me motivated and enthused about writing as a whole. As such, I’ve begun to receive requests to write guest posts and interviews for other blogs which is very beneficial to my author platform.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
4. I can write ahead of my schedule and adjust it as needed. I write as often as I can, sometimes several posts a day depending on my schedule and the number of ideas I have. This allows me to stay ahead of my schedule most weeks. If something happens, like being sick, then I’m not under pressure to post or suspend my blog. There’s less stress. In fact, I was sick several weeks ago and really didn’t feel well for a week but I was so far ahead I could just rest. My main problem since then has been getting back in the creative flow.
5. Yes, it’s a marketing tool but this reason is the least of my reasons. However it’s one way to get content in front of readers. As I mentioned above, I’m now receiving requests for guest posts on other blogs. This great for expanding my visibility. My novel is not due out until later in the year but blogging serves as a foundation for marketing toward the launch.
How often do you write blog posts? Why do you post on your current schedule? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. I’d also love to connect with you over social media so check my Contact page for that information. See the News page for announcements and remember to sign-up to receive news and posts by email. I’ve added a new sign-up tab on my FaceBook page to simplify the process. New followers can download The Black Bag via free coupon today! Also, the cover of my book, The Bow of Destiny, was revealed recently so take a look.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
This year, I’ve been blogging twice a day. It’s resulted in a large increase in views and interactions on my blog. I enjoy it quite a bit, and it gets me more writing practice.
Great, thanks for sharing and stopping by today. Sounds like you have a busy schedule.
Sometimes too busy, and sometimes I procrastinate. I blame YouTube.
Hey P.H.! You’re so awesome on twitter, I’m sorry I’m only know finding time to read your blog. It is fantastic (no surprise there!). I’m considering finding a different domain host to just simplify my life (lot of glitch annoying tech problems). Anywho, thank you for being you and I’m glad we connected on Twitter!
My pleasure. Thanks for stopping by to say hello. Hope you find the right domain host for your needs.
now, not know. (didn’t catch that!) 🙂